Founded in Italy in 2007, Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace. Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme – but all with the same aim… for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team’s product knowledge
The Director, Store Operations oversees all aspects of the complex operations of an Eataly. Together with senior leadership, the Director plans and executes strategies to drive sales, increase profitability and cultivate a positive experience for guests and employees in accordance with Eataly’s mission.
Reports directly to the VP, Operations and directly manages the store’s leadership team in Restaurants, Retail, Quick Service, Facilities, Marketing, Finance and Human Resources.
- Collaborates with corporate and global senior leadership to understand company strategy and develop the individual store strategy
- Directs the store strategy and oversees day-to-day operations ensuring that Eataly standards are consistently met in terms of guest service, financial objectives, efficient process, health and safety
- Leads management of labor, costs, inventory, regulatory compliance, pricing and merchandising
- Promotes interdepartmental collaboration, staying in constant communication with store leaders
- Serves as the final decision-making point of contact in addressing problems related to the store
- Motivates, inspires and develops team through setting clear expectations and leading by example
- Partners with HR to be actively involved in hiring, performance reviews and terminations
- Represents the store to the community and guests
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years of management experience in a high volume, fast pace restaurant and/or retail environment
- Passion for Italian food and hospitality
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Exceptional communication, leadership, motivational and team-building skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving, organizational, analytical and business management skills
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with match or RRSP
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
Eataly is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.