Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme – but all with the same aim… for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team’s product knowledge
The Chef de Cuisine (CDC) manages the Central Kitchen at an Eataly location, overseeing all aspects of the production and preparation of ingredients and specific dishes to be used at various Eataly restaurants and outlets. The CDC ensures quality standards are consistently met in the areas of food production, team management and guest experience.
Reports to the Executive Chef and manages a team of Prep Cooks.
- Collaborates closely with the Chef team to plan and order ingredients and products to execute seasonal menus in the restaurants and store
- Leads and organizes a team of Prep Cooks to prepare, portion and produce a large quantity of food items daily across the categories of fish, meat, produce, fresh pasta and dried goods
- Manages inventory: estimates needs, places orders, receives and checks deliveries
- Maintains extremely organized and efficient storage areas and walk-ins, with all products rotated according to First In First Out standards
- Reviews financial information such as sales, costs and labor to ensure adherence to budget
- Informs fellow chefs of changes, specials and shortages in product
- Directs employee hiring, assignment, training, payroll, scheduling, evaluations and terminations
- Partners with in-house Health and Safety team to ensure health, safety and sanitary standards are consistently met in all areas of the kitchen
- Oversees the daily preparation of family meal for the staff
- Documents, investigates, escalates and resolves employee or guest incidents
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 5+ years of chef experience, including 2+ years of management experience
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in fast-paced environments with high volume production
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Proficient understanding of basic computer programs
- Knowledge of Italian cuisine, fresh pasta making experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or degree from a post-secondary culinary arts training program preferred
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
- Ability to use commercial kitchen equipment including stand mixers, ovens, torches, etc.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with match or RRSP
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
Eataly is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.