Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme – but all with the same aim… for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team’s product knowledge
The Fresh Counter Assistant Manager oversees the team, product and profitability of a fresh counter at an Eataly location. Reports directly to the Fish and Meat Market Manager and functionally reports Fresh Market AGM.
- Manages the counter team: hires, assigns, schedules, trains, motivates, evaluates under the direction of the Fish and Meat Market Manager
- Analyzes financial data and takes actions to improve sales, profitability and efficiency of the department
- Manages stock levels and makes key decisions about stock control, placing orders as needed
- Assists guests with product selection and prepares, weighs, labels and packages products
- Produces and prepares product for the Retail Sales.
- Ensures department consistently meets quality, health and safety standards
- Manages production schedule to achieve maximum efficiency
- Communicates any technical or mechanical issues to the appropriate department
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 2+ years of experience working with fresh products.
- Excellent communication, time management and relationship-building skills
- Financial analysis skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of and passion for Italian technique and cuisine preferred
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule often including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with match or RRSP
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
Eataly is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.