Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme – but all with the same aim… for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team’s product knowledge
The Sous Chef assists the Chef de Cuisine (CDC) in managing the production of high-quality, authentic Italian dishes in one of Eataly’s exciting, high-volume, open kitchen restaurants. The Sous Chef Manager is a focused management presence, not only maintaining food quality standards, but also training and inspiring staff at all levels about Eataly’s products and services.
Reports to the Chef de Cuisine and manages the kitchen staff.
- Supports the Sous Chefs in all day-to-day operational needs to deliver Eataly’s business, employee, menu and guest service strategies
- Assists with employee hiring, assignment, payroll, scheduling, evaluations and terminations
- Supervises kitchen mise en place (preparation for service) of all stations
- Participates in menu planning and actively manages food production
- Trains and works with cooks and sous chefs on the hot line to ensure quality, speed, safety and health standards are consistently met
- Requisitions and apportions food items and utilizes food surpluses to control food costs
- Verifies that sanitation and nutrition practices are followed by all employees
- Informs front of house personnel of menu changes, specials and shortages
- Documents, investigates, escalates and resolves employee or guest incidents
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 4+ years of back of house experience, including 1+ years of management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or degree from post-secondary culinary arts program preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and exert well-paced mobility
- Ability to spend up to 8 hours standing or walking in a kitchen and restaurant environment
- Ability to work with commercial equipment including stand mixers, ovens, torches, etc.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with match or RRSP
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
Eataly is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.