Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme – but all with the same aim… for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team’s product knowledge
The Artisanal Cheese and Salumi Department at Eataly is referred to as the Salumi and Formaggi (SAFO) Department and is home to more than 500+ of the highest quality cheeses and cured meats specially sourced from Italy, internationally and locally. Many of them are entirely exclusive to Eataly.
The SAFO Lead assists with the day-to-day operations of the SAFO department, ensuring quality control and optimal team performance. Reports to the Fresh Market Manager.
- Supervises, trains and motivates the team to increase sales and efficiency
- Maintains stock levels and makes key decisions about stock control, placing orders as needed
- Communicates with the main production kitchen and restaurants to ensure that all orders are fulfilled
- Manages production schedule to achieve maximum efficiency
- Ensures department consistently meets quality, health and safety standards
- Communicates any technical or mechanical issues to the appropriate department
- Analyzes financial data and takes actions to improve efficiency and profitability of the department
- Assists guests with cheese selection and shares knowledge of products
- Weighs, labels and packages products and completes food preparation in a timely manner
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 2+ years of retail supervisory or management experience
- Excellent knowledge of Italian cheeses and salumi
- Excellent communication, time management and relationship-building skills
- Financial analysis skills
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- 1+ year of food production experience highly preferred
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule often including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
The pay range for this position is $20-$23/hr, pay is subjective to experience.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with match or RRSP
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
Eataly is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.