Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme – but all with the same aim… for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team’s product knowledge
The Scuola Associate supports the La Scuola experience by promoting a memorable, fun, and entertaining educational experiences to our guests through event support and exceptional customer service. Reports to Education and Events Manager.
- Warmly welcome guests attending consumer and private events at La Scuola.
- Support the Chef during scheduled classes and events by anticipating their needs and that of the La Scuola guests.
- Setup dining area with the proper floorplan, silverware, glassware, and marketing materials based on event format.
- Prepare La Scuola workstations with all ingredients and necessary equipment for the class or event for each guest.
- Serve meal prepared by Chef during events to each guest accurately noting any dietary accommodations and courses during events, along with pouring beverages.
- Additional kitchen duties include preparing and setup of food stations for events.
- Clean and sanitize the kitchen area in coordination with Chef to prepare for the next phase of the event, including removing all dirty materials including but not limited to dishes, glassware, silverware, tableware pots, pans and other cooking utensils during classes and events.
- Execute side work and closing duties including polishing silverware/glassware, restocking of beverages, aprons, napkins, and anything else needed in La Scuola.
- Help with storage organization and other projects or duties, as needed.
- Pay Range: $18-$20/hr
- Excellent guest service attitude with a welcoming and confident demeanor
- Ability to learn, retain and share Eataly knowledge
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Basic math skills
- Previous retail and/or restaurant experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule often including evenings, weekends and holidays. Open availability Monday – Sunday is preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with match or RRSP
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
Eataly is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.