Founded in Italy in 2007, Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace. At Eataly, you can enjoy a meal at restaurants or quick-service counters, purchase the ingredients, and learn through classes and tastings. Eat Better, Live Better!
The Accounting Analyst works closely with the Accounting Director and Assistant Controller to ensure a timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and yearly financial close. The Accounting Analyst also assists on special projects to implement, maintain and audit Eataly’s corporate accounting services, policies and initiatives. Reports to the Director of Accounting and Payroll.
- Provides holistic and actionable analysis in support of Eataly’s financial and store operations, including digital and online sales
- Prepares and reviews recurring and non-recurring journal entries as assigned
- Updates and maintains backup schedules for various PL & BS line items, such as rent, utilities, contract revenue, accounts receivable, prepaid expenses and accrued expenses
- Reviews Eataly’s supplier contracts and management services agreements with Finance leadership to identify and manage the department’s contracted performance obligations
- Analyzes and evaluates corporate cost allocations
- Issues invoices and coordinates collection efforts
- Works directly with stakeholders and team members to prepare accounting reports and analysis
- Assists in internal and external financial and tax audits
- Documents accounting processes and best practices
- Handles other accounting tasks and projects at the request of the Accounting Director
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business, Finance and/or Accounting
Advanced Excel skills; e.g., pivot-tables, index-match
Familiarity with US GAAP
Familiarity with Microsoft Great Plains or other similar ERP
Experience with general ledger functions and month-end/year end close process
Excellent analytical skills with the ability to quickly understand the workings of a complex business structure and its general ledger systems, as well as their interrelationships and dependencies
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- 401K with company match
- Hybrid-remote working
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Eataly is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.