Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme – but all with the same aim… for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team’s product knowledge
The Health and Safety Manager is responsible for continuously supporting and conducting audits to ensure Eataly exceeds all standards related to food safety, work safety, sustainability and general sanitation. The Health and Safety Manager guarantees that the Eataly team is fully versed on and in adherence with state and local regulations as well as Eataly goals and standards. Responsible for multiple Eataly locations within an assigned area.
Reports to the Head of Health and Safety and to the Director of Store Operations.
- Observes the organization’s food preparation, handling, storage and serving processes
- Interviews food preparation, handling, etc., personnel within the scope of the organization’s Food Safety Management System (FSMS)
- Reviews the organization’s food safety-related records and documents (e.g., receiving records, HACCP plan)
- Issues formal audit reports to the store and conducts timely follow-ups with local store department managers
- Provides support and direction as required by means of store openings, audits, inspections, training, team support and consultation to ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies (DOH, FDA, CFIA, OSHA, EPA, etc.)
- Adheres to all company and department procedures, policies, expectations and quality standards
- Oversees training and development of other staff directly and/or indirectly and provides coaching, direction and leadership support
- Assists in the development, implementation and management of effective food safety and work safety programs to assure proper programs are in place to meet strategic goals as well as all applicable regulations
- Works directly with production employees to troubleshoot, solve food safety issues and implement corrective actions based on solid root cause analysis
- Assists in performing on-site (and bench) food safety and quality system audits of vendors
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Nutrition, Health and Safety or a related field
- Restaurant or food retail experience
- 4+ years of food safety management experience
- Knowledge of OSHA and local DOH regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- High level of self-motivation; ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Outstanding analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, motivation and team-building skills
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours
- Ability to travel as needed for store support across USA and Canada for periods of up to 2 weeks at a time
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with match or RRSP
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
The base salary for this position ranges between $70,000 and $80,000 per year.
Eataly is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.