Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme – but all with the same aim… for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team’s product knowledge
The Artisanal Cheese & Salumi Department at Eataly is referred to as the Salumi & Formaggi (SAFO) Department and is home to more than 500+ of the highest quality cheeses and cured meats specially sourced from Italy, internationally and locally. Many of them are entirely exclusive to Eataly.
The SAFO Assistant Manager helps oversee the receipt, production and sales of Eataly’s SAFO products. The Assistant Manager creates and slices guests’ purchases, packages products and ensures that products meet quality standards. Reports to the SAFO Manager; supervises the Meat Slicers and Cheesemongers.
- Engages directly with guests and provides outstanding customer service: makes suggestions, weighs, labels and packages products
- Assists with directing staff to ensure that guest service standards are consistently met
- Prepares food neatly and accurately according to food handling, safety and sanitation standards
- Stocks counters and display refrigerators, ensuring all foods are merchandised attractively
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent; degree from post-secondary culinary arts program preferred
- 1+ year of experience in a production-related food environment, preferably in cheese and cured meats
- Knowledge of and passion for food and high-quality products
- Organizational and decision-making skills
- Open availability including weekends
- Good knife skills and ability to use a meat slicer
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for periods up to 4 hours in length
- Ability to lift trays, soiled dish bins, etc. of up to 40 pounds in weight
- Food Handlers License
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with match or RRSP
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
Eataly is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.