Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme – but all with the same aim… for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team’s product knowledge
As part of Eataly’s Benefit’s Department, a Benefits Associate facilitates all leave administration processes by communicating with employees, store stakeholders, and related government agencies.
Reports to the Benefits Manager.
- Drives awareness and adoption of Eataly’s Benefits & Wellness offerings, sharing information and responding to employee inquiries
- Communicates with employees regarding their needs for leave and/or modified work schedules. Ensures that employees are aware of their responsibilities and of any documentation and notice required to qualify for and to take leave
- Addresses employee inquiries about their insurance or retirement benefits
- Responds to employee and guest incidents; files and follows up on all workers’ compensation claims
- Handles the FMLA leave administration process from employees’ initial notice of the need for leave to the return to work: gathers and completes all required paperwork, determines leave eligibility, designates leave as FMLA-qualifying, requests medical certification as needed, and accounts for intermittent and reduced schedule leave use
- Advises managers and employees on the interaction of leave laws with paid time off, workers compensation, and short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Assists with benefits administration including but not limited to: ACA, enrollment, termination, COBRA administration, correction of billing issues, assistance with organizing open enrollments, tracking eligibility, and communication with broker, insurance companies, and employees; administers and tracks employee leaves inclusive of Short Term Disability and FMLA, retirement plans, and preparing deductions reports for each payroll
- Maintains knowledge of all applicable leave and accommodation laws including the FMLA, ADA, and state and local laws
- Maintains complete and accurate records of leave and accommodation requests in accordance with specified legal requirements and documentation of best practices
- Maintains the department shared drive and updates team documents as needed
- Supports new store openings: conducts market research to compile the Benefits & Perks Guide and provides extra support and guidance in the pre-opening and opening phases
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 2+ years experience in employee benefits management
- Ability to effectively communicate legal, medical, and insurance-related jargon for clarification purposes
- Knowledge of labor laws and regulations
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Excellent organizational, multitasking, and time management skills
- Administrative experience preferred
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to travel as needed for Open Enrollment assistance or other Benefits related training; travel up to 20% of the time
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with match or RRSP
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
The base pay range for this position is $60,000 – $75,000/year.
Eataly is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.