Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme – but all with the same aim… for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team’s product knowledge
The Manager, Benefits leads the functions for all Eataly North America locations. The Manager, Benefits ensures accurate and timely benefits tracking and processing. The Manager, Benefits will develop creative and cost effective approaches to delivering a highly valued, comprehensive employee benefit portfolio, including health, welfare and retirement programs. Reports to the Benefits and Payroll Director and manages the team of Benefits Associates.
- Manage operational aspects of employee benefits programs which may include but may not be limited to 401(k), defined contribution, and defined benefit retirement plans, medical, dental, LTD, STD, Voluntary insurance plans.
- Monitor trends and introduces market best practices for programs to the company by studying employee requirements and developments in benefits offered by other organizations (including competitors) and make proactive recommendations to Head of Benefits & Wellness on possible updates or enhancements and emerging trends. Provide benchmark analysis information to management to ensure adequate understanding of market dynamics and developments.
- Provide ongoing administration on the calculation, reconciliation and tracking of premiums/plan expenses. Analyzes and reconciles monthly benefits enrollments and terminations, payroll deductions, and vendor invoices/reports to maintain accurate and timely expenditure controls.
- Manage annual open enrollment process including development of communications materials, coordination of information sessions (as required), and administration of enrollment changes within HRIS and with benefit vendors.
- Work with Head of Benefits & Wellness on implementation of new plans and changes including preparation of announcement material, booklets and other media required for dissemination to US employees to ensure that our benefit programs are fully understood and appropriately valued by US staff.
- Gather/disseminate pension and benefits related statistics as requested by Head of Benefits & Wellness, Finance Department, broker, vendors, auditors, and/or external actuaries.
- Provide appropriate internal education and training (as a subject matter expert) related to employee benefit programs, leave management, and worker’s compensation; and applicable regulations and laws.
- Assist, educate and guide employees through the benefits enrollment process.
- Calculate/verify defined benefit pension benefits for retiring and vested terminated US employees; prepare correspondence in response to inquiries; collaborate with external actuary on verification of calculations; assure payments are started appropriately; assist with and research questions relative to the Plan and the retirement process.
- Develop, implement and co-manage wellness programs and perks programs to support the overall total health management strategy.
- Lead employee communication programs to educate and gain participation in benefit and wellness programs. Research, investigate and resolve complex escalated issues involving benefit programs and administration.
- Manage Workers Compensation administration, including yearly OSHA reporting
- Manage FMLA, paid parental leave, and any other leave administration.
- Manage Unemployment administration, and any mandatory reporting.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- 4 + years of related experience
- 2 + years of experience in a supervisor position
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite specifically Excel
- Strong working knowledge of payroll practices, auditing and procedures
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, motivation and team-building skills
- Extensive understanding of federal and state employee benefit regulations, (e.g. ERISA ,HIPPA, etc) is required
- Management, decision-making, presentation and organization skills.
- Able to maintain absolute objectivity and confidentiality with all employees and payroll related data
- Experience with Ceridian|Dayforce software is preferred
- Able to act with discretion in managing confidential information
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with match or RRSP
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
The base pay range for this position is $70,000 – $90,000 per year.
Eataly is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.