Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme – but all with the same aim… for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team’s product knowledge
In Eataly’s 24-hour operating bakery, a Bread Baker is responsible for producing delicious bread and focaccia in accordance with our authentic Italian recipes. Reports to the Bakery Manager.
- Prepares bread, focaccia, rolls and other bread items for Eataly’s restaurants and retail operations
- Follows proper proofing and baking techniques for each variety of bread
- Maintains a clean and sanitary food production area according to Department of Health standards
- Works towards mastering all shifts and production processes
- Assists Sales Associates if needed and engages with guests interested in learning about our bread production
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year of experience in a baker preparation position
- Basic math and measuring skills
- Good work ethic, communication, and time management skills
- Post-secondary culinary program highly preferred
- Availability to work onsite with an open, flexible schedule often including evenings and weekends; overnights highly preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending, and squatting
- Ability to work with a wood-burning oven, electric pizza convection oven, and commercial spiral mixer
Please be prepared to provide proof of full Covid-19 vaccination upon hire.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with match or RRSP
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
Eataly is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.