Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme – but all with the same aim… for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team’s product knowledge
The Communications and Public Relations Manager is responsible for the creation, organization and execution of internal and external public relations strategies with the goal of acquiring more advanced recognition in the market, promoting products, and events, and establishing leadership throughout the food industry. This individual will be tasked with growing brand awareness through a multi-faceted approach including editorial placement and social media buzz. The role will work with cross-functional departments and external agencies to identify press opportunities and help develop and execute a cohesive PR & Communications strategy in North America based on business goals. Reports to the Head of PR & Communications.
- Establishes processes for creating a steady volume of pitches and media coverage to promote the Eataly brand, products, and events.
- Maintain updated media lists, pitching calendar, and press coverage documents.
- Develops new contacts within the food industry and works to maintain existing contacts
- Collaborates with the Marketing Manager in the New York stores to promote activations, happenings and events with the goal to obtain, press coverage leading up to, during and following the events
- Managed and coordinate all the inbound and outbound media inquiries related to the New York market specifically, including TV segments and interviews that will happen in the New York stores.
- Identify NY regional target influencers for opportunities with the brand in New York.
- Assist in creating, and maintaining updated annual PR budgets, calendar, and PR agencies task lists.
- Support the Head of PR & Communications in managing the regional PR agencies present across the nation, and the media buy annual national strategy
- Draft and keep updated monthly PR reports.
- Conducts tours for media, influencers, VIP clients and referrals.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of progressively more responsible Communications, PR experience
- Deep understanding of current media trends and existing contacts in the food industry (editors)
- Familiarity with PR software tools like Muck Ruck and Coverage Book
- Strong and professional writing skills, and project management
- Able to work autonomously after being briefed on tasks and goals.
- Ability to communicate via phone or e-mail with industry leaders
- Ability to speak proficient or fluent Italian preferred
The base pay range for this position is $65,000 – $75,000 per year.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with match or RRSP
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
Eataly is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.