Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme – but all with the same aim… for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team’s product knowledge
The Project Manager, Construction is a key member of the Development team at Eataly, taking a critical role in delivering Eataly’s North America growth strategy. The Project Manager, Construction is responsible for a successful planning and execution of multiple projects across existing Eataly stores and new store developments.
Reports to the Director of Construction
- Contributes to building the project schedule, is responsible for keeping the project on schedule during execution and reporting on such schedule
- Contributes to developing the preliminary project budget and following iterations, and is responsible for maintaining and reporting on such budget during execution
- Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard to moderately complex documents affecting real estate projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, surveys and drawing.
- In collaboration with Director of Construction prepares scope of work, project delivery, cost estimate & budget, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
- Facilitates initiation of all critical project meetings and coordination with internal teams and key parties to ensure responsibilities are efficiently, accurately, and efficiently communicated and understood by all parties involved.
- Implements project documentation governance aligned with company and requirements.
- Ensure project documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
- Tracks progress of project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines
- Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
- Assesses change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk.
- Manages all stages of a project starting from design, budgeting and pre-construction to construction and project closeout
- Prepares scope documents for directing design, budgeting and internal/external coordination efforts
- Where applicable, participates in the selection process of architects/contractors/subcontractors or other third parties, and is responsible for onboarding them
- Oversees procurement and tracking of owner supplied materials and equipment. Ensures a timely release of purchase orders and delivery on-site of such purchases, in collaboration with the Logistics Team
- Ensures ongoing communication with the Finance Team to ensure all accounts receivable are maintained at a level not to exceed planned cost per approved budget.
- Maintain and share cashflow updates with Finance Team.
- Monitors and directs the performance of general contractor and/or subcontractors during construction phase
- Ensures each project adheres to legislation, standards and codes of best practice
- Acts as a trade union between different teams in corporate and in the stores for a successful delivery of each project
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in Architecture or Construction Management
- Minimum of 4 years of general Design & Construction experience; 1+ years of Retail/Restaurant/Hospitality-specific Construction experience a plus
- Experience managing a Construction project from start (concept design) to finish (project closeout)
- Excellent technical and software skills
- Exceptional project management and time-management skills
- Outstanding communication, motivation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; eager to learn
- Availability to travel approximately 40% of the time or more, depending on project status
The base pay range for this position is $95,000 – $115,000 per year.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with match or RRSP
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Eataly is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.