Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme – but all with the same aim… for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team’s product knowledge
The Director, Supply Chain is responsible to strategically plan and oversee Eataly North America’s Supply Chain, set short term and long-term forecasts for Eataly North America sales and product and all aspects of its supply chain by defining goals and objectives to maximize revenue and efficiency by contracting and analyzing the usage and costs of logistics and transportation. The Director, Supply Chain supervises and facilitates the steps that comprise Eataly’s procurement and Supply Chain procedures, including, but not limited to: planning, development, manufacturing/sourcing, importing, warehousing, receiving and distribution of products. Oversees the Supply Chain team and reports to the VP, Finance.
- Develops and creates strategies and policies for the company’s Supply Chain management, including demand and supply planning, warehousing, import, last mile deliveries, inventory management, master data management, pursuing continuous improvement.
- Pursues continuous improvement and collaborates with sales, marketing, and finance departments to develop and present analytics-based forecasts to ensure that buying, merchandising and sales processes are operating efficiently and effectively.
- Closely manages inventory levels along the distribution chain to ensure products are available to support the sales forecast and ensure proper customer service levels.
- Supervises import operations, last mile shipping and warehouse operations, including the e-commerce warehouse.
- Has a data mindset and builds systems, processes and reporting to support planning and supply chain efficiency. This includes defining and supervising item Master Data creation and maintenance processes.
- Supervises all the data entry activities and flows related to stock operations: inbound, outbound, adjustments, both at store and corporate levels.
- Drives continuous improvement of forecast accuracy, working closely with Operations and Product Teams to ensure product needs and objectives are met.
- Supports new store openings from a planning, logistics and supply standpoint.
- Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders and external vendors to address and resolve issues as necessary.
- Delivers effective management reports using a set of performance metrics, reviewed and addressed regularly with Senior Leadership, both at Corporate and Store level.
- Provides effective communications to the Senior Leadership, both at Corporate and Store level.
- Anticipates and proactively develops future requirements to build solutions geared towards future needs.
- Sets departmental goals and leads the Supply Chain Team and encourages interdepartmental collaboration.
- Responsible for employee hiring, assignment, training, payroll, scheduling, evaluations, and terminations for Supply Chain Team.
- Plans and supervises the execution of the warehouse inventory counts.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics or Supply Chain
- 7 + years of relevant experience, in the retail/FMCG sectors
- 2 + years of experience managing a team
- Proved experience in project management
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Outstanding analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, motivation, and team-building skills
- Italian language knowledge preferred
- Travel as needed to all Eataly North America locations (USA and International)
The annual compensation for this role is $95,000 – $125,000
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with match or RRSP
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
Eataly is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.