Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme – but all with the same aim… for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team’s product knowledge
The Head Chef directs the culinary team’s daily activities in accordance with Eataly’s policies and objectives to ensure guest satisfaction, profitability, and a positive, productive and compliant work environment.
Reports directly the Store Director and functionally to the Area Executive Chef . Oversees the entire Back of House team of the store.
- Directs employee hiring, assignment, training, payroll, scheduling, evaluations and terminations
- Collaborates closely with the Area Executive Chef and the store team to plan and execute seasonal menus in the restaurants
- Partners interdepartmentally with the store senior leadership team and with corporate to executive initiatives, plan special events and share information
- Ensures that the Back of House team consistently and meticulously updates virtual menus to manage the difference between theoretical and actual margin
- Combines financial acumen and attention to operational details, creating an environment that emphasizes the importance of striving for excellence; where the team is proud of our brand, high standards and appearance
- Observes food production and samples food to ensure compliance with recipes and standards
- Reviews financial information, such as sales costs and labor, to ensure efficient operations
- Manages inventory and procurement: estimates needs, places orders, receives and checks deliveries
- Informs front of house personnel of menu changes, specials and shortages
- Documents, investigates, escalates and resolves all employee and guest incidents
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 6+ years of chef experience, including 3+ years of management experience
- Strong understanding of Italian cuisine
- Excellent communication, leadership, motivational and team-building skills
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and procedures, safety and sanitation regulations
- Advanced computer skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or degree from a post-secondary culinary arts training program highly preferred
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, standing or walking in a restaurant environment
- Ability to operate commercial equipment including stand mixers, ovens, torches, etc.
The annual compensation for this role is $90,000- $110,000
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with match or RRSP
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
Eataly is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.