Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme – but all with the same aim… for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team’s product knowledge
The Category Manager for Meat and Seafood will be responsible for monitoring and analyzing the usage and sales of proteins for Eataly’s current and future locations in North America. The Category Manager will support the planning and maintenance of Eataly’s product relationships, with the goal of maximizing revenue and efficiency in various retail, QSR and restaurant outlets.
- Supervises the entire product life cycle, including, but not limited to, procurement, inventory control, logistics and distribution for meat and seafood.
- Manages a cost-effective supply chain and constantly looks for ways to reduce expenses and improve processes, while noting and correcting problems
- Maintains strong relationships and catalogues with Eataly vendors
- Streamlines product selection for stores, prioritizing national distributors/vendors.
- Assists with everyday operational issues, i.e: OOS situations, delivery issues, back up options, invoices/payments
- Liaises with the BOH team for proteins used by Restaurants, providing regular updates about product usage, special requests and critical inventory levels
- special requests for new product to be sourced
- Creating reports that track stores’ performance, recognize trends and monitor contractual obligations
- Provides on-the-ground operational support during new store openings
- Creates proposals for promotions/activations and assists with billbacks calculation
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- Minimum of three (3) years’ of progressively more responsible experience in buying, restaurant management, or related fields
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with a strong knowledge of Excel
- Ability to be flexible and problem solve in a fluid environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Butcher or kitchen experience preferred. but not mandatory
- Passion for Italian cuisine and products
- Two (2) year associate’s degree or a bachelor’s degree from a four (4) year college preferred
- Availability to troubleshoot urgent issues on occasional nights and weekends
- Travel up to 50% of the time to all Eataly North America locations, for extended periods of time during new store openings
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- 401K with company match
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Eataly is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.