Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme – but all with the same aim… for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team’s product knowledge
In Eataly’s 24-hour operating bakery, a Lead Bread Baker is responsible for producing delicious bread and focaccia in accordance with our authentic Italian recipes. Reports to the Bakery Manager.
- Participates in and supervises the daily operations of the bakery and pizza alla pala counters
- Prepares pizza, bread, focaccia, rolls and other bread items for Eataly’s restaurants and retail operations
- Follows proper proofing and baking techniques for each variety of bread
- Masters all shifts and production processes in the bakery, including overnight production
- Guides trainees and externs through prescribed training procedures
- Maintains a clean and sanitary food production area according to Department of Health standards
- Performs administrative duties such as inventory, ordering, transferring and waste tracking
- Assists Sales Associates if needed and engages with guests interested in learning about our bread production
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in a baker preparation position and mastery of related techniques
- Ability to work independently with minimum guidance
- Basic math and measuring skills
- Excellent work ethic, communication and time management skills
- Post-secondary culinary program highly preferred
- Availability to work onsite with an open, flexible schedule often including evenings, overnight and weekends
- Ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week when needed
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
- Ability to work with a wood burning oven, electric pizza convection oven and commercial spiral mixer
Please be prepared to provide proof of fully Covid-19 vaccination upon hire.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with match or RRSP
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
The base pay range for this position is $18 – $24 per hour.
Eataly is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.