Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme – but all with the same aim… for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team’s product knowledge
The Organizational Effectiveness Manager, or at Eataly known as the Learning and Development Manager, sets and executes Eataly’s vision and strategy for learning and development in partnership with the North American team. With the goal of creating a holistic learning experience for all Eatalians, the Manager maximizes available technology to develop and maintain a full suite of programs in the areas of onboarding, skills training, product knowledge, artisan education, compliance training, and leadership development.
The Manager is responsible for programs and materials from beginning to end of all staff development from new hire orientation, product knowledge, and organizational instruction. The Manager follows through on training programs with each department.
Reports to the Vice President of Human Resources.
- Develops training programs, performance support tools, and resources: researches learning needs, learning environments, knowledge gaps, and behavioral changes; creates blended learning options; ensures alignment with technology and business support infrastructure
- Oversees learning content: audits existing materials; reviews and edits new materials; adapts to changing learner needs; validates with subject matter experts; aligns with business goals and initiatives; maintains consistency through quality control measures; provides status updates to stakeholders
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees training and development activities according to business needs: builds and maintains relationships with stakeholders across all departments; supports plans and initiatives; identifies and communicates goals and objectives; builds accountability for and measures progress in achieving results; identifies and addresses improvement opportunities
- Builds and leads a team of training associates across North America: selects and trains; assigns duties; supervises; offers development opportunities; provides recognition; ensures diversity awareness
- Optimizes the learning environment: researches and implements industry techniques to increase facilitation effectiveness; develops and delivers train-the-trainer programs and training materials; assesses facilitator performance; provides guidance on facilitator development and performance skills in learning solutions delivery; engages in facilitation interventions to build facilitator capability and positively impact contact center operations
- Guarantees program effectiveness: measures and analyzes trainee performance; identifies and resolves inconsistencies and deficiencies; provides performance feedback to associates; increases productivity and reduces overall cost; reports on progress to senior leadership
- Leverages various learning methodologies and techniques to drive engagement and retention including digital learning, adult learning theory, experiential learning, peer-learning, etc. as well as tactics related to sales skills (i.e. objection handling, effective questioning)
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 5+ years of progressively more responsible experience in learning and development
- 2+ years of experience training candidates in the retail or hospitality industries at all levels preferred
- Experience with eLearning
- Experience developing and facilitating leadership development programs
- Ability to work under pressure, organize, and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to problem solve and be flexible in a dynamic operational environment
- Metrics-oriented, need-to-win attitude
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be proactive
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills for conducting trainings and developing training plans
- Advanced skills in designing presentations and content using PowerPoint and other media
- Working knowledge of Spanish is a plus
- Ability to regularly work onsite at Eataly’s Corporate Office in New York
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time or higher during new store openings
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Eataly is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.