Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme – but all with the same aim… for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team’s product knowledge
A Pastry Cook transforms high-quality ingredients into delicious Italian pastries in accordance with Eataly’s recipes. Reports to the Pastry Sous Chef and the Pastry Chef.
- Prepares pastries, tiramisu, cannoli, cookies, croissants, gelato and other Italian desserts
- Follows recipes and complies with portion sizes, quality standards, department rules and procedures, and Department of Health regulations
- Washes and cleans all utensils, preparation equipment and counters required for production
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 1+ years in a pastry preparation position
- Basic math and measuring skills
- High school diploma or equivalent; degree from a post-secondary culinary arts training program preferred
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule often including evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
- Ability to use a burning oven, commercial stand mixer and other pastry baking equipment
Compensation: This position has a base range of $17-$20 per hour.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with match or RRSP
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
Eataly is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.