Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme – but all with the same aim… for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team’s product knowledge
A Prep Cook prepares a variety of cold food items and all prepared ingredients that will be distributed to the kitchens to be cooked for restaurants. Reports to the Sous Chef Manager.
- Washes, peels, slices and mixes vegetables, fruits, meats, cheeses and other ingredients for salads, cold plates, side dishes, entrees, appetizers and garnishes
- Follows recipes and complies with portion sizes, quality standards, department rules and procedures and Department of Health regulations
- Cleans all utensils, preparation equipment and counters required for production
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 1+ year of kitchen experience
- Basic math skills
- Good knife skills and finger dexterity to use small tools and utensils adeptly
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and exert well-paced mobility
- Ability to spend up to 8 hours standing or walking in a kitchen and restaurant environment
- Ability to work with commercial equipment including stand mixers, ovens, torches, etc.
- This position has a base range of $16-$19 per hour.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with match or RRSP
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
Eataly is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.