Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme – but all with the same aim… for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team’s product knowledge
Each Eataly location has multiple full-service, sit-down restaurants featuring authentic Italian dishes made with the highest quality, seasonal ingredients. Meat dishes, seafood dishes, pasta, pizza, street food – you can find it all in our various restaurants!
The Restaurant Assistant General Manager oversees the complex day-to-day operations of a single restaurant or group of restaurants at an Eataly location. Reports to the General Manager of Restaurants or Store Director.
- Oversees the operations of the restaurant, working to maximize profitability while upholding the company’s mission, values, policies, quality and guest experience standards
- Works the floor actively, applying a hands-on approach, unafraid to get hands dirty
- Hires, assigns, trains, motivates, evaluates and terminates team members as necessary
- Provides in-the-moment coaching and feedback to team members, actively facilitating their growth
- Manages inventory levels and replenishes goods and operating materials
- Collaborates interdepartmentally and with corporate to plan activities, special events, share information, etc.
- Documents, investigates and resolves employee and guest incidents
- Maintains a high level of hospitality towards guests as well as within the team
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate Degree
- 2+ years of experience managing a large restaurant staff to accomplish sales and guest service goals
- Demonstrated problem-solving, organizational, analytical and business management skills
- Excellent communication, leadership and team-building skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Italian cuisine and wine highly preferred
- Availability to work a flexible schedule often including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
Compensation: This position pays a base salary of $75,000 – $90,000.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with match or RRSP
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!