Founded in Italy in 2007, Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace. At Eataly, you can enjoy a meal at restaurants or quick-service counters, purchase the ingredients, and learn through classes and tastings. Eat Better, Live Better!
The Transportation Specialist is responsible for monitoring and ensuring proper execution of the sea freight, air freight, inland transportation (truck and rail) activities and last mile deliveries for Eataly North America. The Specialist is also involved in the definition and execution of strategic initiatives for the growing Supply Chain Team. Reports to the Senior Manager of Supply Chain
- Develops, monitors, and executes transportation plans along the full Supply Chain
- Oversees daily all the sea freight and air freight transportation operations, ensuring they are performed in the most effective and efficient way
- Oversees daily inland transportation operations, ensuring adherence to schedules and making on the go modifications as necessary
- Oversees daily all the customs clearance operations, in collaboration with our Customs Brokers agencies in USA and Canada
- Provides high-quality service to all Eataly North America stores, promptly responding to needs and questions related to shipments and quality of goods shipped
- Collaborates with the Supply Chain Senior Manager in defining transportation budget for the whole year and for new store opening projects
- Collaborates with the Buyers and the Product team to ensure accuracy of inbound shipments; troubleshoots issues related to shipment arrival dates, quantity and quality of product
- Oversees all transportation operations related to new store opening projects, ensuring adherence to the budget and on time arrival
- Monitors Performance KPIs across the supply chain, and interacts with other members of the Supply Chain team to take action if needed
- Performs analyses and creates models to assess level of service and costs along the Supply Chain and takes actions to continuously improve level of service and lower transportation costs
- Continuously interacts with logistics brokers, shippers, and transportation companies to request quotes and organize shipments
- Partners with the Supply Chain Senior Manager to define the Strategic Roadmap and its execution
- Participates in the semi-annual warehouse inventory counts
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
The ideal candidate has experience in the Transportation industry that wants to accept a challenge in the Food Retail industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics or Supply Chain Management; Master’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in Transportation and Logistics
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Experience with ERP / WMS systems
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated problem-solving, organizational, analytical, and business management skills
- Strong interest in Food Transportation and Logistics
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- 401K with company match
- Hybrid-remote working
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Eataly is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.