Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme – but all with the same aim… for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team’s product knowledge
At Eataly, Maintenance Technician is also known as Facilities Technician. The Facilities Technician serves as the point of contact for the assigned shifts and takes the necessary actions to ensure that all facilities are in proper working order. The Facilities Technician is also knowledgeable about housekeeping and dishwashing procedures. Reports to the Facilities Manager.
- Inspects repair work, projects, equipment, work orders, daily maintenance and supplies for the purpose of ensuring that jobs are completed efficiently
- Assists the Facilities Manager in maintenance projects (e.g., site repairs/construction, preventive maintenance, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring completion within established time frames, project design and budget
- Perform assigned day-to-day preventive maintenance and on-demand requests from Department Managers. Complete appropriate maintenance records accurately and timely
- Perform assigned daily inspections and building rounds
- Provide excellent customer service and respond quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed with ability to know when to escalate
- Assist with troubleshooting and basic repairs of buildings and installed systems, to include, plumbing systems, kitchen equipment, refrigeration, drains and HVAC
- Assist with maintaining lighting systems throughout the facility, maintaining fixtures, and replacing bulbs and lamps
- Observe how to use electrical schematics and blueprints to troubleshoot and correct problems
- Adhere to safety and health rules by following proper LOTO, PPE, ergonomics, working at heights and machine guarding.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of facilities and housekeeping experience
- Basic computer skills
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
Eataly is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace that is free from harassment and discrimination under the Ontario Human Rights Code. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of a prohibited ground enumerated by the Ontario Human Rights Code (e.g. race, colour, creed (religion), place of origin, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity), sexual orientation, age, family status, or disability). Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these prohibited grounds. Eataly welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation. Further, it is Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable provincial and federal laws regarding background and criminal record checks in making hiring decisions.