Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme – but all with the same aim… for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team’s product knowledge
At Eataly, a Junior Sous Chef is also known as a Lead Line Cook.
A Lead Line Cook transforms high-quality, unique ingredients into authentic Italian dishes through preparing, cooking and plating food items in Eataly’s exciting, high-volume, open kitchens while overseeing other line cooks. Reports to the Sous Chef Manager and Chef de Cuisine.
- Oversees other line cooks and ensures performance standards during service
- Portions, cuts, slices, dips, batters, breads, whips, beats, maintains holding temperature, fries and sautés
- Selects cuts of meat, poultry, shellfish, fish, game or vegetables to be used for frying or sautéing
- Plates menu items along with appropriate garnish
- Follows recipes and complies with portion sizes, quality standards, department rules and procedures, and Department of Health regulations
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 2+ years in a food preparation position
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree from a culinary arts training program preferred
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule often including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
- Good knife skills and finger dexterity to use small tools and utensils adeptly
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
Eataly is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace that is free from harassment and discrimination under the Ontario Human Rights Code. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of a prohibited ground enumerated by the Ontario Human Rights Code (e.g. race, colour, creed (religion), place of origin, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity), sexual orientation, age, family status, or disability). Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these prohibited grounds. Eataly welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation. Further, it is Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable provincial and federal laws regarding background and criminal record checks in making hiring decisions.