The world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace is coming to Canada! Eataly Toronto is opening later this year, and we are seeking 400+ hospitality, culinary and retail professionals to join our team.
In Eataly’s 24-hour pastry kitchen, a Pastry Cook transforms high-quality ingredients into delicious Italian pastries in accordance with Eataly’s recipes. Reports to the Pastry Sous Chef and the Pastry Chef.
- Prepares pastries, tiramisu, cannoli, cookies, brioches, gelato and other Italian desserts
- Follows recipes and complies with portion sizes, quality standards, department rules and procedures, and Department of Health regulations
- Washes and cleans all utensils, preparation equipment and counters required for production
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 1+ years in a pastry preparation position
- Basic math and measuring skills
- High school diploma or equivalent; degree from a post-secondary culinary arts training program preferred
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule often including evenings, weekends and overnight
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
- Ability to use a burning oven, commercial stand mixer and other pastry baking equipment
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- and more!
Eataly is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Eataly is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace that is free from harassment and discrimination under the Ontario Human Rights Code. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of a prohibited ground enumerated by the Ontario Human Rights Code (e.g. race, colour, creed (religion), place of origin, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity), sexual orientation, age, family status, or disability). Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these prohibited grounds. Eataly welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation. Further, it is Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable provincial and federal laws regarding background and criminal record checks in making hiring decisions.